Blazin' Sticks

Knitting, crocheting, sewing, school, people, food....my life

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My latest project and a PATTERN

Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a good new year. I have done A LOT of knitting, and I have created an AWESOME tote, which I would put a picture of on here, but A) I don't have a (working-with-more than-two-megapixals) digital camera and B) I don't know how to post pics on here. If you know me, you've seen/will see this bag with me at school.

Anyway.

THE CHERRY GIRL TOTE
I made this bag after looking at all the bags in "Stich 'n Bitch: The Knitter's hand book" By Debbie Stoller. If your a fast knitter and you work on it it knits up in about 4 days.

Materials:
40z Worsted weight yarn (Like red heart....dosn't matter if it's acrilic or not)
Size 5 Knitting needles
1/4 yard fabric to line bag with (I used fabric printed with cherries....part of the name)
yarn needle
Embrordary floss & needle (optional)

Cast on 50 stictches. Work 24-26 inches in Stockinette Stich. Bind off.
For Handles, cast on 20 stiches, knit in Stockinette Stich for 20 inches (make 2).

Embrorder, if desired (I embrorded a pair of cherries on my bag).

Assembly: For the 12 by 24-26" piece, fold in half right sides together & whip edges togther. Turn right side out. For lining, cut a piece 12" by 24-26" (depending on length). Fold with right sides together and sew. Whip stich lining into bag (if you're lazy, tack it). For straps, fold right side together and sew. Turn right side out and attach to bag.

Voila!

My cat and my knitting teedles are calling me, so ta-ta for now!

~teen knitter~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home