Blazin' Sticks

Knitting, crocheting, sewing, school, people, food....my life

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Okay

So. I will get to the Stash enrichment, but first I am going to explain the WIPs on the side bar.

Prepster Jacket: From Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet. In Cascade "Sierra Quattro." The back and one of the fronts are finished. On hold for now (see "Back to school shrug", below). I hope to finish this to wear it this fall.

Dad's Socks: I only have one done (I got it done for his July 9th bday - coincidentally, it was the same day I got my braces off). I intend to get to that as soon as I finish the "Back to school shrug", below.

Recycled: A sweater I am knitting out of yarn from a Banana Republic cream-colored 50/50 wool/angora blend. At least I think it's a wool/angora blend. Mom mom helped me frog some of it, and the tag got lost.

En Point: I had to think about this for minute and remember what it was. It's going to be a cropped wrap sweater, with elbow length sleeves and a picot edge, kind of a combination of this with that Lucky wrap from SnB Nation. It's knitted out of sport weight cashmere recycled from a Ann Taylor 100% cashmere sweater. It's knitted top-down raglan, by the way.

Eyelet rib toe-up socks: The pattern found here (purple socks) knitted in white sport weight acrylic on 1s. I kind of feel like maybe I'm wasting my time with the acrylic, but sock yarn is kinda expensive with my budget, y'know?

Back to School Shrug: Ahh, the one you've been waiting for. Based on a cute little shrug from the winter 06/07 issue of Vogue Knitting. ONLY. Knit in US 5s with Tahki Stacy Charles Cotton Classic. Red with Black ruffle. Construction: Sleeves knit in the round, then the back is worked flat, and the two halves will be grafted together.

Have you seen the Fall Vogue Knitting yet? The 25th anniversary one? I love how they have about 8 pages of covers. And they're all in silver!!!! And then farther inside they say that blue is IN. Silver, and blue, silver and blue. Hmm. Why do those sound familiar? Because they're my school colors!!! And just in time for my senior year too!!!. Yippee!!!

Over here they have all the cover patterns free! I want to knit the one from Lion Brand - the cape? Yeah, I really like that one. And I may be able to afford yarn for it, cause it's Wool-ease - wool/acrylic blend, therefore, cheap.

Of course, where I would wear it is questionable. But whatev.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home